Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Once you try these in combination..you will wonder why you did not think of it yourself...flavors complement each other I sometimes use brown sugar in place of white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisp, crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, broccoli, cabbage, walnuts, raisins, onions and bacon.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cranberry mixture.
- Toss well.Cover and chill overnight.
Of course I did vary it a bit...Instead of cabbage, I shredded the stalks of the broccoli
and used more vinegar. Normally would have used plain yogurt. I did not add bacon or raisins but did add walnuts.
This is excellent, grandma. I admit to not using the cabbage ( didn"t have any on hand) but otherwise followed the recipe increasing the amount of broccoli. It's crunchy, chewey, tangy, and sweet. Delicious.