Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from a Taste Of Home magazine. It's a great way to use up cranberries. It's very easy and has few ingredients
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups oats and flour.
- Press into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwavable safe bowl; melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats.
- Sprinkle over cranberry sauce Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- I did not use the pecans and it turned out great.
Well, Kathy-Lynn wasn't I just the Christmas baking star with these bars? Yummy yummy yummy. I made a couple of batches and mixed it up by adding raspberry jam and a little orange marmalade when I made a double batch. Thank you for posting!