Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This sauce is great for a meatball appetizer or a main dish with country style ribs and rice. I use the large bag of frozen meatballs or make 2 lbs of walnut size meatballs and precook them. As always, I use the pinch and glug method of measurement, so adjust amounts to suit your own taste. Seasoned rice wine vinegar is my choice, but any vinegar will do the trick. This is written for a crockpot, but can easily adjust to stove top, just cook the sauce and serve it over the top of the meat OR oven bake at 350 F 45 minutes to an hour using the method below and a covered baking dish. Have fun and make it your own!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs country-style pork ribs or 2 lbs meatballs
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Sear ribs in frying pan on medium high heat. Or not. The searing adds a nice flavor, but if you are in a hurry, skip it.
- Dump all remaining ingredients in slow cooker or crock pot set on medium or low heat.
- Stir it up!
- Add meatballs or ribs.
- Leave it alone for 6 or 8 hours and serve over rice or serve meatballs as an appetizer. Enjoy!