Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sweet and spicy, just like Me! :) Another take on cranberry salsa. Did you know that fresh cranberries can be stored in your freezer for up to a year? I usually keep them on hand for pancakes or muffins. This is a great addition to any holiday buffet.
- 4 ounces cranberry juice (100% juice, not cocktail blend)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thinly (include green tops)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh ground pepper, as desired
- Place juice into a saucepan. Boil for about 5 minutes until reduced to about 1 Tbsp of syrup.
- Place the reduced juice and all remaining ingredients into a medium bowl, and stir until incorporated.
- Chill and serve immediately with favorite chips and vegetables.
This was fantastic. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. I was reluctant to add that many jalapenos, but hey ... it worked.