Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a sweet/savory pork raost recipe for the slowcooker, but I suppose could be adapted to the oven. The carrots are optional but they do go very well with the sauce.
Top Review by Krys1984
I was really excited to try this recipe. I do not normal care of pork...but it sounded really good. Sadly...I was deeply disappointed! My husband who isn't picky about any food didn't even like it. The pork had no flavor...the sauce turned a weird mushy brown too. Overall it wasn't terrible...but it was FLAVORLESS. We added some salt and that helped a little...but not a lot.
- 3 -5 lbs boneless pork roast, I usually use center cut loin but whatever boneless is OK
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, NOT jellied
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can use cider
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using the carrots, place them on the bottom of your slowcooker.
- Next, put the boneless pork roast in the slowcooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour sauce mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork juices are no longer pink and tests done w/ thermometer.