This is a sweet/savory pork raost recipe for the slowcooker, but I suppose could be adapted to the oven. The carrots are optional but they do go very well with the sauce.
- 3 -5 lbs boneless pork roast, I usually use center cut loin but whatever boneless is OK
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, NOT jellied
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can use cider
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced (optional)
- If using the carrots, place them on the bottom of your slowcooker.
- Next, put the boneless pork roast in the slowcooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour sauce mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork juices are no longer pink and tests done w/ thermometer.