Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from www.parents.com/recipes. I had to share because they are by far the best granola bars I have had. All natural ingredients. You can use any dried fruit you would like, I use only dried cranberries. If you use only one fruit, I suggest using a whole cup of that fruit. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325°F Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over edges of pan. Lightly coat the foil with vegetable cooking spray;set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the granola, oats, fruit, and flour.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, honey, oil, and cinnamon. Add to granola mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pat mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 min or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift mixture from pan. Trim edges, if desired. Cut into bars.
- To store, place in airtight container and store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
I made these last night & they are absolutely wonderful! Even my picky husband, who's not a fan of granola bars period, thought they were very good. I will be making these quite often. Thanks for a great recipe!
Made these the other day, following the recipe right on down, & they are ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! I kept 5 out for the 2 of us & then divided the rest into two packets & froze them! Loved the apricot & cranberry combo & will really enjoy having these on hand from now on! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block]