Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour or 118.29 ml oat bran or 118.29 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml diced unpeeled tart apple
- 177.44 ml fresh cranberries or 177.44 ml frozen cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in oil and vanilla. Stir in apple, cranberries and walnuts. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Let cool, and store 1 to 2 days in a plastic bag or airtight container for best flavor. Do not freeze.
I have NEVER been able to make muffins, seriously, they NEVER turn out. I tried this recipe, but used 1/4 cup margarine (instead of oil) and 3/4 cups homemade applesauce (instead of diced apples) and they turned out PERFECT!!!!
These muffins were pretty good, Personally, I don't like muffins that come out of a plastic bag. They are certainly always moist, but it is a different moistness from that which is characteristic of a muffin recipe that yieldsa moist and tender mufin straight from the oven. Given this prerence, I chose to eat these from the oven. My husband and I really liked the flavor, but I felt that the batter was a little dry. I used white whole wheat flour for the 1/2 cup we were told to play with.
Delicious muffins! I used a 1/2 cup of oat bran and I left out the walnuts. I really like the combination of apples, brown sugar, and cranberries (although I would chop the cranberries next time). I didn't notice the instructions "do not freeze" and did freeze half the recipe...I actually couldn't tell a difference between the frozen/thawed and the fresh muffins. Thanks for sharing this!