Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From my mom's Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall cookbook.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 cups peeled chopped tart apples
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (mom uses walnuts)
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cranberries; heat another 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat; stir in the apples.
- Pour mixture into a greased 10x6 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt; cut in the butter, using a pastry blender, until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle over cranberry mixture; sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.