Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Martha Stewart Living magazine, published Dec. 2008
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries, plus more for skewers
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounce whipping-quality pasteurized egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 liter club soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups vodka, chilled (optional)
- 2 pints Orange sherbet, softened slightly
- Bring water and cranberries to a boil in a large pot. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain into a large punch bowl, pressing gently on solids. Discard solids. Add granulated sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Thread several cranberries onto each of 12 small skewers. Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with superfine sugar. Let dry on a nonstick baking mat.
- Add club soda, and vodka if using, to bowl. Top with sherbet, and serve with cranberry skewers.