Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You want an apple that will holds its shape in this recipe. Posted for Zaar World Tour II, 2006
Make and share this Cranberry and Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In heavy saucepan, bring cranberries, apple juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to boil over medium heat then cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange apples over cranberry mixture, overlapping to fit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until in coarse crumbs.
- Drizzle with milk, stirring until in pebble-size chunks.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
What a delicious pudding! I made this for friends and used dried cranberries and fresh Braeburn Apples.....a very good combination. I loved the spiciness of this, although I did use a little less than 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, as I grated it freshly into the mixture. Served with a dollop of creme fraiche and it disappeared VERY quickly! Made for ZWT3 - thanks Charlotte! FT:-)