Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Now for something just a little different...real comfort food...You won't believe the flavour.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, dried
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl combine, eggs, corn flake crumbs, ketchup, soya sauce, parsley flakes, onion, salt, pepper and ground pork.
- Shape mixture into 1" meatballs.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
- In large pan combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring often, until the cranberry sauce is melted.
- Add meatballs to sauce and heat throughly.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Very nice! This reminded me of the classic jelly/ catsup meatballs but we enjoyed this more. The cranberry sauce and lemon gives it more of a tangy note to contrast with the sweet. I'll make this again!
These are delicious and I love the baking the meatballs in the oven instead of frying them. Made for For Your Consideration.
These were AWESOME !! Served as an appetizer that went over real well. They were so easy to make too. I did omit the onion though. The sauce was perfect too. Made for AUZ/NZ swap.