Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Use fresh peaches.
- 8 -10 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and quartered (use McIntosh or Rome Beauty if available)
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (or granulated sugar or a combination of both)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW 5-7 hours until the apples are extremely tender and falling apart.
- Beat the make a coarse mash, or use a handheld immersion blender for a smoother sauce.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
- The applesauce will keep, tightly covered, for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.