Recipe by Judy in MO
This is by far the prettiest, easiest (no rolling) and best tasting sugar cookie I have ever made. They look like they came right out of the bakery. Try them-- then stand back and wait for the oohs and ahs!!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light.
- Beat in yolks and vanilla.
- Sift together the measured sifted flour, baking soda and cream of tartar then fold into the butter sugar mixture.
- Form dough into walnut size balls.
- Place 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake for about 11 minutes until the tops are cracked and just turning color.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.