I like these because they are so quick and easy. Even though you use Bisquick, they don't come out tasting like Bisquick or like baking powder. I always have to double the batch to make sure I get some!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter into the batter.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don't be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- Cut out into 2" rounds (or your preferred size).
- Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; I usually find 8 minutes is enough.
- When you remove the biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with melted butter again.