Recipe by andypandy
this is a german recipe that we have had since 1938...this is usually done in a clear broth..we add cooked noodles in the bottom of each bowl before serving for those we like small pastina noodles....
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 7 tablespoons soda cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh finely minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl beat the egg, stir in the melted butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into walnut size round balls.
- Allow to stand 40 minutes, to swell.
- Drop into simmering chicken soup broth.
- Cook covered at least ten minutes.
- Do not lift the lid.
- Serve, broth and three cracker balls in each bowl.
- Serve immediately.