From Cuisinart Cook Book. Good on pasta salad. I love anything with Worcestershire sauce in it.
Make and share this Cracked Pepper Parmesan Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 shallot, about 1 ounce peeled cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gourmet mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons regular mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the whole peppercorns in blender jar.
- Blend for 10 seconds.Some peppercorns will be pulverized,some will be cracked and crushed.
- Remove and reserve.
- Place the Parmesan cubes in blander jar.
- Blend for 20 seconds and scrape sides of jar.
- Add shallot, garlic and salt.
- Blend for 10 seconds and scrape sides again.
- Add remaining ingredients in order listed.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Add black peppercorns. Blend for 5 seconds.
- Transfer dressing to a resealable container and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to allow flavors to develop.
- Keeps for one week in refrigerator.