Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from emeril.com....you can use left over crab meat or imitation crab meat to make this.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cold, peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg white, cold
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, cold
- 6 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten with
- 2 teaspoons water, for egg wash
- 4 sheets fresh pasta, measuring about 9 by 15 inches
- Combine shrimp, egg white, parsley, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper in a food processor and pulse. Scrape sides and pulse again. With machine running, add cream through the top in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl & fold in crabmeat, cheese & shallots.
- Place 1 pasta sheet on work surface. Scoop heaping tablespoons of crabmeat filling evenly down the sheet, abt 4 inches apart in 2 rows of 4. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the areas around filling with egg wash. Place another pasta sheet on top & press down around the mounds of filling to squeeze out the air pockets & seal. With a 4-inch round cutter or knift, cut into individual ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add ravioli & cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon & divide into 4 plates. Drizzle the sauce on top and arrange the asparagus on the side. Garnish each portion with cheese & basil & serve immediately.