Crabmeat Ravioli With Clam Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Light December 2006
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can clams, drained
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- To prepare sauce, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add crushed and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and clams; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- To prepare ravioli, combine crab, chopped red bell pepper, panko, chives, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Add ricotta; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon crab mixture into center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Fold in half, pinching edges together to seal and create a half-moon shape.
- Repeat procedure with remaining wonton wrappers and crab mixture.
- Fill a large Dutch oven with water; bring water to a boil.
- Add half of ravioli; cook 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove ravioli from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli.
- Serve ravioli immediately with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION