Recipe by Maggie in Florida
These were served at a party many years ago, and I have made them from time to time over the years, and they always disappear quickly. If you enjoy seafood, you will love these. Preparation time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I had these over my sister's house and they were pretty good. She used garlic powder and didn't use seasoning salt. I think they need more crab so the flavor would have shown through better, and a little Louisiana hot sauce to give it a little more flavor. All in all it was a good snack that we enjoyed munching on out by the pool. I will make them again with a few adjustments. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Maggie!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (can use garlic powder if watching salt intake)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat
- 6 English muffins, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except muffins) till well combined.
- Spread evenly over split muffins (12 pieces).
- With sharp knife, cut into small pie shaped slices (I usually cut each in 4 pieces, but if you need more, you can cut them smaller).
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer until crabbies are frozen.
- When frozen, remove from cookie sheet and place in plastic bag. Return to freezer and store till ready to use.
- When ready to serve, place on cookie sheet.
- Put under broiler until bubbly and crisp, approximately 5 minutes.