Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Takes some preparation, but makes a great dish for special occasions.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, liquid removed and flaked
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, liquid removed and flaked
- 4 cups French bread, cubed
- 8 ounces muenster cheese, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Combine the crabmeat and tuna in a small bowl.
- Put one layer of bread cubes on the bottom of a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish. Add another layer of the crab and tuna, then a layer of cheese and a pinch of parsley.
- Repeat the layers twice making sure to end with cheese and parsley on top.
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, mustard powder and onion in a medium sized bowl. Then pour that mixture over the layers in the casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours (at least) or overnight, if possible.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dish and let it come to room temperature. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden in color.