Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Melt in the mouth starter. From BBC good food
- 1 pre-baked pastry shells
- 1 large pinch saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 300 ml double cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 350 g fresh white crabmeat
- watercress, to serve
- heat the oven to 190°C.
- Put the saffron in the hot milk and soak 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, cream, half the parmesan and the saffron milk together in a bowl. season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the crabmeat over the pastry shell, pour oer the filling and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until LIGHTLY set and golden.Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve garnished with some watercress.