Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Recipe is the easiest Crab Louie Salad I have ever seen, and it tastes GREAT. You can Substitute Imitation Crab and the taste is still wonderful.
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 pint tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh picked dungeness crabmeat
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted,and sliced lengthwise thinly
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus spear, cooked
- To make dressing, mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, olives, and eggs.
- Make a bed of iceberg lettuce on a large plate.
- Top with crab, avocado, tomatoes, and asparagus.
- Drizzle with Louie dressing.
Fantastic recipe. We catch our own crab in Puget Sound, I pick the crab and vacuum seal the meat, so I used frozen crab, thawed it in the fridge, then drained it.
first crab of the year for us,, and i was looking all over for a recipe when i came across this one,, it was great,,, i only had dill relish so i used that and i did add some paprika and garlic to taste, it was wonderful... i hope we have a great season up here and i can make this more often... thanks
Super yummy! What's not to like? Crab, black olvies, avocados, and asparagus??????????? amber