Top Review by Christine Walraven
Wonderful recipe! And easy to make. I did double the evaporated milk as it seemed a little "sticky" to me, but maybe I was not very precise with my flour measuring and it got so thick. Anyway, it tastes great, and I will make it again for sure! Even my four-year-old liked it!?!?!Bravo!!!!!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- While fettuccine is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic and bell pepper in oil about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until mixture thickens.
- Stir in crabmeat, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg into bell pepper mixture; heat through.
- Place fettuccine in serving bowl.
- Pour crab sauce over fettuccine; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.