Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one good egg roll recipe, if your a crab fan!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup bok choy or 1 cup suey choy, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked crabmeat or 1 1⁄2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper flakes
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large skilled over medium high heat saute the minced garlic in the 1 T.
- Quickly stir in the cabbage, pea pods, water chestnuts, and onions.
- Stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the crab, egg, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Add the pepper flakes if using.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes-you want to be able to handle it without burning your fingers.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Lay out the wrappers and divide mixture evenly.
- Wrap envelope style.
- Example: You want the 4 points of the wrapper up, down, right and left.
- At the lower point place mixture and form into a mini log.
- fold the bottom up and over log.
- Fold in sides.
- Moisten top with water and begin to roll egg roll from bottom until totally wrapped.
- When oil is hot fry 4 at a time, rolling and cooking until evenly golden brown.
- Serve with stir fried veggies and dipping sauce.
We really enjoyed these egg rolls - a nice change from the more standard ingredients. I used Snow Crab and followed the recipe exactly. I was very happy with how they turned out but thought that they were a little dry for our taste. Next time I would perhaps add more bean sprouts or even some type of sauce to increase the moisture content. Thanks for posting! Made for Culinary Quest 2014