Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick, easy meal with lots of flavor. Was served this at a friend's house when we were a guest there. Feel free to increase the curry powder if you like it hotter. This is very mild curry. You can also substitute cooked shrimp, lobster, or real crab for the imitation crab meat. Serve over Saffron Rice.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 -2 cup imitation crabmeat
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet. Add soup and blend until melted.
- Stir in dry onions and sour cream, blend well. Add curry powder and meat.
- Heat about 5 minutes or until seafood is heated completely. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve over Saffron rice.
I'm not even a big fan of curry...but this was awesome! Hit the spot! I think it would be even better over white rice.
Oh no this was not at all like the curry I have at my favorite restaurant. I was happy to find a crab recipe without the shell and was eager this would work but it didn't taste right at all. I bought a good brand of curry powder too from my grocer. Sorry this was not to our liking, we had to throw it out before our friends came over.
Wow, this was really good Marg! I used 2 tsp of curry powder and didnt find it hot at all. Also served with jasmine rice instead of saffron and it went very well together. This didnt need salt or pepper. A very rich dish that I will have again. Thanks!!:)