Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy pretty appetizer dip that I have been making for years...Very pretty during the holidays or Valentines Day..
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 12 ounces seafood cocktail sauce
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Mix crab meat and cream cheese together. Spread into a 9 inch size pie pan or similiar size dish. Pour cocktail sauce over crab meat mixture to cover completely. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Serve with assorted crackers.
OMG what a great easy tasty recipe. My guests just loved it. I made it for Thanksgiving. I made it and the day before and refrigerated it overnight. I tasted it the day I made it but it was better the day after. So I would always make it a day in advance. Anyway LOVED IT
I have been making this for years using a crab/shrimp combo. It is always very popular. At the holidays I mixed thinly sliced green onions into the cream cheese. This is a classic.
I used real lump crab meat for this recipe (I thought about saving some $$ and going with imitation, but after one glance at the ingredients and I couldn't) and it was AWFUL. I am embarrassed that I brought it to my boyfriend's family Thanksgiving. It was super fishy, smelly, and just all around terrible. Maybe the imitation would have tasted better but I won't try. Beware of this easy-looking recipe. :(