Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dip! And it is always gone really quick!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar artichokes, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed
- Put spinach into colander and press out excess liquid.
- Mix all together into a small crockpot and let bake for at least 1 hour on low.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or bagel chips, or spread on baguettes.
A good start, but it needs more seasoning, in my opinion. I added salt and pepper, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and onion powder.
I enjoy artichoke dips and crab dips and spinach dips, so I thought this recipe would be perfect for me. However, I was disappointed. It lacked the tanginess of a typical artichoke dip and the full flavor of a crab dip. I served it at a party, and I could tell it wasn't really a hit. Maybe had I added extra cheese, as one reviewer suggested, it would have increased the flavor factor.
I love this. I make one very similiar to this recipe...without all of the cream and half & half (restaurant style). You can add a tsp of 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder and 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder for extra taste, and cayenne is you want some zip. Another great variation is to bake this for 15-20 minutes and broil it another 3 minutes with some additional cheese sprinkled on top. You get a nice color. Sorry for all the changes. I actually made this exactly the way it was written to see if it stands up this simply...and it does. Kudos to you!