Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From todays local paper The West Australian. Fresh linguine is stressed as essential (usually can be found in the fridge section of the supermarket and only takes a couple of minutes to cook). Times are estimated.
- 250 g crabmeat (2-3 blue manna crabs)
- 4 zucchini (small)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml garlic (minced)
- 2 red chilies (deseeded and finely sliced down the length of the chilli)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 500 g fresh linguine
- 29.58 ml parsley (roughly chopped)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges, to serve)
- Pick through the crab meat to ensure there is no shell.
- Finely shred the zucchinis or either coarsely grate them or use a mandolin to slice.
- Add the olive oil to a wide pan and add the shredded zucchini and cook for a couple of minutes over a high heat until they collapse but have not coloured.
- Add the garlic and chillies and cook for a couple of minutes longer.
- Season well with the salt and pepper and fold through the crab meat.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine in salted water - this should not take more than 2 minutes.
- Lightly drain the linguine and then mix through the crab mixture.
- Fold through the parsley and lemon juice and then serve with the lemon wedges.
This is truly a marvelous recipe. It is one of my husband's favorites. I LOVE recipes that look and taste like you spent hours on them but can actually be achieved in 1/2 hour or less. This is truly a winner. We like our pasta a little moister so I tossed the hot pasta with some butter before stirring into the crab mixture. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
Enchanting, most definitely a *company special* dish, but really so quick and easy, you can make it on a normal busy weeknight. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly, except for using a "tomato-garlic" fresh linguine pasta, and used a lime wedge instead of a lemon, but other then that, stayed absolutely true to the recipe. This goes together so quickly, you need to make sure your water is already boiling and ready for the pasta :) Really a very special dish, that was so tasty I wish I had another helping. Enjoyed immensely~Made for *New Kids on the Block* April 2009