Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Fish Superb ways with seafood and shellfish" Prep and cook times do not include 30 min chill time.
- 2 cups flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, diced (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and cayenne pepper
- Sift the flour and a good pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, add the diced butter and rub it in with your fingertips, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Gradually stir in enough ice water to make a firm dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll out the pastry and use to line four, 4-inch tart-let tins. Prick the bases with a fork, then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minute.
- Line the pastry shells with waxed paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in a preheated oven at 400* for 10 min, then remove the paper and the beans. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minute.
- Place the ricotta, grated onion, Parmesan and mustard in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually beat in the eggs and yolk.
- Gently stir in the crab meat and chopped parsley, then add anchovy paste, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and reduce heat to 350*. Spoon the filling into the shells and bake for 20 min, until set and golden brown. Serve hot with a garnish of salad greens.