Recipe by JustJanS
I made this the other night to take and share with another Aussie Recipezaar member. It was really enjoyed by everyone at dinner. I based it on the artichoke dip I love, but it's different enough to post as a new recipe. We catch our own crabs and bag the meat up in 1 or 1 1/2 cup lots. I used a big one, so think two 180g or 6oz cans would be about right if you don't have the fresh stuff. A cobb loaf is a round crusty bread that weighs obout 600g or 1 1/2 lbs. I like to leave the artichoke and crab a bit chunky as I like the texture, but chop it all finer if you wish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crabmeat
- 1 (420 g) can artichokes, rinsed and rougly chopped
- 1 large green onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use Bests)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 loaf unsliced bread, I use a Cobb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- Mix all ingredients (except bread) together.
- Cut a lid from the bread, then carefully tear out most of the bread from the main bit, just leaving a shell (about 1 1/2 cm or 1/2 to 3/4in). I use the bread to dip with and may or may not bake it for 5 minutes in the oven to serve (depends how I feel).
- Pile the mix into the bread, put the lid on and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, then serve with the extra bread and vegie sticks etc.