Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is my recreation of the pinto beans at our favorite BBQ restaurant. It took a while to get the spicy, slightly sweet flavor right and this comes pretty durn close to the original.
- 30 ounces pinto beans
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon until just crisp, pat with paper towels, and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- In reserved bacon grease, sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Put undrained pinto beans, onions and garlic, bacon pieces, and rest of ingredients into the casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour.