Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love couscous for it's speedy preparation and simplicity.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 118.29 ml couscous, uncooked
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and cut into small dice
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- In small pot, melt the butter and saute the garlic until fragrant.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir.
- Take off the heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and then combine with the tomato along with the pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What a delightful side! DH raved on about how much he was enjoying the garlic, tomato and couscous combo fallowed with "I hope you are giving this five stars" Was a quick and easy side that pairs extremely well with rosemary grilled lamb chops. Thanks for the post.
Loved the garlic taste and the crunchy toasted pinenuts with the tomato and the flavour the chicken stock imparted to the whole dish, came together beautifully though could easily stretch this to 3 serves as the DM and I could not get through the lot between us. Thank you Lori Mama,, made for Everyday A Holiday.