Chez Michelle's Note:
My sister made this at one of our family gatherings with #185976 (Middle Eastern Beef Kabobs) and it is wonderful side dish. You can pre-chop and pre-measure prior to a dinner party and have it ready very quickly. I used a nice shaped bowl (that was a good portion size) and used that for the mold :) Nice flavor to enhance the main dish :) Gourmet July 1991
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup dried currant, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nut, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (I use a little less)
- 1In a saucepan combine the butter and the broth, bring the liquid to a boil, and stir in the couscous.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat, let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes, and transfer it to a bowl.
- 3Break up any lumps with a fork and stir in the currants, the scallion, the pistachios, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, the cinnamon, and the oil.
- 5Toss the couscous mixture with the dressing and season it with salt and pepper.
- 6Pack the mixture into four 3/4-cup timbales (or mold of your choice- I use ramekin or other serving size dish) and unmold the timbales/mold onto 4 plates.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Crowns With Pistachios, Scallions, and Currants
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 297.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g