Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this one day when my courgette plant had been going mad and we had a bit of a glut. They were delicious and even my little one ate them, which is a miracle in itself! I used goat feta as I have a lactose intolerance and also gluten free flour mix as I am gluten intolerant - you can use ordinary, it doesn't seem to make any difference (I've had them both ways pre-diagnosis!) This comes from Nigella Lawson's book Forever Summer - one of the books I use most.
- Shred the courgettes and lay them on a clean tea towel for about 20 minutes to get rid of any excess wetness.
- Mix together the spring onions, crumbled feta, parsley, fresh and dried mint and paprika.
- Add the flour and season well with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly before stirring in the drained, shredded courgettes. It will be a lumpy batter and that is okay.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and drop heaped dessertspoons of the mixture into the hot oil, flattening the little cakes down with a spoon as you go.
- Cook for about 2 minutes each side until golden, and then transfer to a couple of waiting plates.
- Serve at room temperature with wedges of lime which you can spritz over as you eat.