Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Quick and easy recipe from a Serbo-Croatian friend, Gordana. She likes them for breakfast. I do too - I've added the Indian style variation
For one person
- 1 large egg
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- oregano (or teaspoon ground cumin + coriander)
- olive oil or sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- Add the egg to the grated courgette and mix.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- There are two versions here, one a European one with added herbs: fresh Oregano, and one an Indian one with added spices: ground cumin and coriander.
- The resultant mixture is then spooned into a frying pan with hot oil, flattened out into 3 or four small fritters and gently fried on both sides.
Thank you! Picked courgettes & oregano from the garden & made these for lunch! Used some gram flour as well as the usual which added to the flavour. Fantastic recipe!
Yummy, easy and quick.
Yum. We are trying out a low carb diet and were looking for something to replace the sauce absorbing quality of mashed potato. These worked very well and are also very nice in thier own right.