Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a traditional paté which is very simple to make ! Other advantage : you can cook it one day ahead...
- 1 lb pork
- 2⁄3 lb veal
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 fluid ounces cognac
- 2 eggs
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- Cut the meats into cubes.
- In an electric mixer, with the blade accessory, put meat cubes and crush them, but not too thinly. You can use a processor with Pulse.
- Put the meat in a salad bowl, pour the cognac, add the thyme leaves, the nutmeg, salt (not too much because of the bacon) & pepper ; mix everything and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the 2 eggs to the meat and mix to obtain an homogeneous mixture ; put it into a paté terrine, smooth the surface and display the bayleaves on. Cover with the terrine lid.
- Put the terrine on the oven baking tray in which you must always keep some water during the baking time (this is called "bain marie").
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C / 350°F for 1 h 30.
- Let it cool down then keep in fridge for at least 12 hours before serving.
- Serve with French bread and cornichons (gherkins).