Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one to add to your collection of comfort foods. Nothing fancy here, just very easy and very good.
- Heat about 1/4 vegetable oil in frying pan on medium high setting.
- Moisten steaks with enough water so that flour will stick.
- You can use milk if you prefer.
- Dredge steaks in flour until well coated.
- Making sure oil is hot, place steaks in pan.
- Fry steaks in oil until flour is crisp and steaks are slightly browned, a minute or two on each side.
- When steaks are lightly browned, sprinkle package of dry soup mix over steaks and carefully add enough water to just cover steaks.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer steaks 20-30 minutes.
- Remove steaks from pan and set aside.
- Scraping all the good bits off the bottom of frying pan and stirring should give you a great gravy for the steaks.
- If you need to, you may add a bit more flour to thicken.
- Serve steaks and gravy over rice.
My very picky, southern husband loved this! Said it was perfect county style steak. I'm a beginner cook and had no problems with this recipe. Even the gravy came out great.
I have made these many times and they always turn out great. Perfect for a satisfying quick weeknight supper. Thanks for sharing.