Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from countrymom.com. Sounds like a delicious bread recipe. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup brown raisins
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Set out butter and cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Use a large bowl to blend with mixer set on low -- butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add in softened cream cheese and mix until fluffy.
- In another bowl stir with spatula the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Slowly stir 1/2 of the flour mixture to the butter batter.
- Then mix in the buttermilk.
- Add remaining flour mixture.
- Last add the raisins.
- It is best to use a wooden spoon at this point to finish mixing as the batter will be very thick.
- Pour into the loaf pan and tap lightly on counter to even the top smooth.
- Bake in center of the oven for 1 hour, 10 minutes. The nut bread should be well browned and often the top will be cracked down the middle.
- Mix together the Confectioner's Sugar and lemon juice to make glaze.
- Pour over warm Raisin Nut Bread and let it soak inches.