Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so yummy. I can eat just the hush puppies and nothing else. Yes I know they call for a lot of sugar, I'm okay with that, if you aren't simply decrease the amount, simple as that!
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, and onion. Blend in flour and cornmeal.
- Add enough milk to get the mix to the consistency that will drop well.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls in hot oil, and fry until golden brown.
- Cook in small batches to maintain oil temperature. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.