Recipe by looneytunesfan
Yummy Comfort Food at its best.
Top Review by children from A to Z
I made this last night and everyone loved it. My only complaint was there was not enough gravy. I opened a can of cream of mushroom soup and added it to what little gravy I had. Worked out great and tasted great! Thanks for posting!
- 4 (453.59 g) cube steaks
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 8.62 ml ground black pepper, divided
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml lard
- 236.59 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix flour with 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge each steak in flour. Dip in beaten egg, then dredge in flour again.
- Heat lard in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the dredging flour into oil. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of skillet. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons pepper; gravy should be quite peppery.