1/1 Photo of Country Fried Steak and Milk Gravy
Yummy Comfort Food at its best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season meat with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; set aside.
- 2In a shallow dish, mix flour with 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge each steak in flour. Dip in beaten egg, then dredge in flour again.
- 3Heat lard in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- 5Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the dredging flour into oil. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of skillet. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons pepper; gravy should be quite peppery.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Steak and Milk Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 195.6 mg
- Sodium 413.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: