Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in large skillet.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika; coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in oil over medium heat until light brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer until thickest pieces are tender, 20-25 minutes, turning chicken once or twice to assure even cooking. (Add small amount of water if necessary).
- Remove cover the last 5 minutes of cooking time to crisp chicken.