Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came to me from a friend of my daughter's. It's quite easy and fast, yet very tasty. Especially good with rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 slice lemon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry dill weed
- In a large skillet, melt margarine over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, soup mix and lemon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and discard lemon.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, corn starch and dill weed.
- Add to skillet, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute.
- Serve over chicken.
DeeLish! Easy and tasty. I used a mix of thighs and breasts. A tsp of chicken bullion in the water. I served over rice. Even looked great. Cooking times right on. Not much more I can say but thanks for sharing that one!
My family really liked this recipe. I used a package of Knorr Spring Vegetable Soup Mix because that was what I had on hand. I also forgot to add the dill and I think that would have been very good with this recipe. Thanks for a great and easy recipe
I loved this chicken recipe! I used legs because I had them so I browned them in 1 tsp. lite margarine and 1 tsp. evoo. I used Knorr's Leek soup mix, added 1 Tbl. crushed red pepper flakes and a spash of white wine, then let it simmer for about 25 minutes covered, forgot the lemon and used lite sour cream. Served with whole wheat penne and spinich. This was delicious! It to me did not taste like my beloved long lost Chicken Tonight but it was VERY good and my family loved it, I will make this many times.