You can make these at home with a little preparation. They will certainly cost less than the five dollar price tag we often see on these! From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and brown sugar.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- 3In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 4Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel.
- 5Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet, release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
- 6Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Repeat with remaining batter.
- 9Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
- 10(Note that the batter can be poured from a liquid measuring cup instead of a funnel.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fair Funnel Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 367.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g