Recipe by Karen Anne Newton RN
If you've ever had a cheesecake from Costco, you know they are unlike any other !
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick, or 4 Tbl.)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbl. sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Line an 8" or 8 1/2" springform pan with crumb mixture on bottom and insides of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and dry.
- Beat cream cheese with beaters until soft.
- Add 1 cup sugar, and blend.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Blend in sour cream, flour, vanilla,and lemon extract.
- Fold in whipped egg whites, and then pour into prepared pan.
- Place cheesecake in oven in a shallow pan of hot water, and bake for one hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven, leaving the cake inside.
- Allow it to cool off in the oven for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and let stand.
- When at room temperature, refrigerate overnight.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.