1/2 Photos of Costa Rican Tilapia
This recipe is from www.tastycooking.com. Authentic Costa Rican dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml olive oil, divided
- 59.16 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro or 59.16 ml parsley, divided
- 19.71 ml minced garlic, divided
- 7.39 ml kosher salt, divided
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 6 (850.48 g) tilapia fillets
- 177.44 ml long-grain rice
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 425.24 g can black beans or 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 4.92 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1For the tilapia marinade, combine lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sugar in a shallow dish.
- 2Add tilapia and marinate 15 minutes, turning once.
- 3To prepare the bean and rice mixture, cook the rice according to package and keep warm while the tilapia is marinating.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large, skillet or saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add remaining garlic and onions; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, oranges, tomatoes, beans, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- 5Cook, uncovered, until hot, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Transfer hot rice to a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Spoon the bean mixture on top of rice and gently blend. Slightly overlap tilapia fillets on top and scrape marinade over fillets.
- 7Bake 16 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Costa Rican Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 665.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 36.7 g