Recipe by Ray G
I came across this recipe in Costa Rica And asked the chef for his recipe.It turned out he was also Canadian.Delicious and easy to make. Try it.
Top Review by gailanng
Ray...Ray...Ray...what a surprise of a sauce! I honestly was skeptical of a sauce made with evaporated milk and jalapenos, but my gosh, this was good. Do people still use the word "scarf" as in "he scarfed" or "she scarfed" it down? Well, we ALL "scarfed" this one down.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beef t-bone steaks, at room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill, broil or pan fry steaks to your preference.
- In a fry pan add butter chopped onion and chopped jalapeno (if less heat wanted seed and devein peppers) and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and chicken cube to pan and bring to boil stirring often.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Place pre cooked steaks in sauce and heat through.
- Place steak on platters and pour sauce over steaks.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.