Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Good Taste magazine.
- 250 ml cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 sugar cubes
- 1 (750 ml) btl chilled pink champagne or 1 (750 ml) sparkling wine
- Place cranberry juice in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Combine the cranberry juice, Cointreau and lime juice in a small jug. Place a sugar cube in each serving glass. Pour the cranberry mixture over the sugar. Top with Champagne or sparkling wine and serve immediately.
Twenty minutes to another New Year. Time for resolutions, tying loose ends and champagne. Let's just do champagne... Happy New Year Eve 2017!!!
I love anything added to champagne...this recipe is no exception. Pretty in color and a nice flavor. Thak you for a tasty twist for my lil "singles" of champagne Mommy always keeps in the fridge! *Made for Sept 2009 Aussie Tag*
This drink is DELICIOUS and will be great for the holidays!!! I also like it because it isn't too sweet. Thank you, Sonya01, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.