Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Yahoo Group that I belong to. I liked the name and decided to give it a try. It was a hit in my house, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Hope you like it.
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook zucchini in salted water about 5 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook meat, seasonings, and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender crisp.
- Add rice, green chiles, and zucchini.
- Blend eggs, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Turn into two greased shallow 2 quart casseroles.
- Top each with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.